The Immediate Impact Breast Cancer Walk is a 15 - 55 mile fundraising walk that will take place over the course of three days, on an urban route in the City of San Francisco.
Walk: One, two or three days
Mileage: Friday 20 miles, Saturday 20 miles, and Sunday 15 miles
Sleep: At our overnight “camp” or sleep at home
Route: The walk route is one huge 55 mile loop around San Francisco!
Three Fundraising Commitment Levels:
Walk one day: raise a minimum of $1,500
Walk two days: raise a minimum of $1,750
Walk three days: raise a minimum of $2,000
Our Donation Pledge:
80% of donations received will be granted to our event beneficiaries.
10% of donations held as prudent reserve for In Our Lifetime.
10% of donations will be allocated for event expenses: web hosting, insurance, snacks, hydration, event vehicles, gas, tolls, ceremonies, etc.
The foundation of this event grew out of the Warming Hut Hotties team and community. This is the Warming Hut Hotties triumphant 10th year participating in multi-day breast cancer fundraising walks. This group of ordinary women and men have raised almost $3 million for the breast cancer cause.
We are a community of like-minded people and we are possibilitarians.
This event is a new avenue for us and an expansion of our love of walking, dedication to our community, commitment to raising needed funds, and our collective passion to make a difference in the lives of people living with breast cancer. In short, we want to leave the world a better place than we found it. We do this by:
- Helping ease the burden of medically under-served and under-insured women and men living with breast cancer
- Focusing on the specific needs of women and men of color who are living with breast cancer
- Before purchasing Pink Ribbon products and supporting Pink Ribbon initiatives we do our homework to ensure we are not participating in Pinkwashing
- Working hard, playing hard and laughing a lot
- Living with integrity through our actions and words
- Building community and making long-lasting, deep friendships
- Embracing discovery by challenging our self-imposed limits
- Seeing possibility in challenges instead of roadblocks
Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities -- always see them, for they're always there. Norman Vincent Peale